On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 10:35:48AM +0200, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:
> Martin Bjorklund <m...@tail-f.com> writes:
>
> > auto-deletion in choice/when should be described as a property of the
> > data model for the datastore.  Parts of the text from Section 8.2.2
> > should be made more generic and moved, probably to a new section
> > 8.1.1.   I will have a look at this.

[...]

> IMO YANG spec should tell what's valid and what isn't, and stop there.

As technical contributor, I tend to agree. The purpose of validation
should be to return a boolean - datastore is valid or invalid. I find
the idea scary that validation causes changes of a datastore in an
attempt to make an invalid the datastore valid. And it is even more
scary if the attempt to make the datastore valid requires to remember
what the last edit was that triggered the validation procedure in
order to decide how to try to make the datastore valid (if we consider
different protocols with different primitives to trigger edits on a
datastore).