Hi,

I propose an additional change to the new text in sec. 7.17, paragraph 7:

OLD

    If the augmentation adds mandatory nodes…

NEW

    If the augmentation adds mandatory configuration nodes…

Unknown nodes appearing in state data, RPC output or notification may possibly
break an old client, too, but that would happen even if the nodes are not
defined as mandatory. Therefore, I don't see any reason for applying the
restriction on non-config data.

Lada

> On 11 Dec 2015, at 22:51, internet-dra...@ietf.org wrote:

> directories.
> This draft is a work item of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group
> of the IETF.
>
>        Title           : The YANG 1.1 Data Modeling Language
>        Author          : Martin Bjorklund
>       Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis-09.txt
>       Pages           : 201
>       Date            : 2015-12-11
>
> Abstract:
>   YANG is a data modeling language used to model configuration data,
>   state data, remote procedure calls, and notifications for network
>   management protocols like the Network Configuration Protocol
>   (NETCONF).

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis/

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis-09

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis-09