Thank you Eric and Juergen, this is really helpful, especially the diagram.

Is there an implementation distinction between alias-mount and peer-mount?  I’m
hoping that there is one solution for both.  Is there a difference with edits?
E.g., a remote data mount is read-only, whereas a local data mount is
read-write?

Kent