William Lupton <wlup...@broadband-forum.org> wrote:
> All,
>
> The Broadband Forum (BBF) is definitely interested and has been
> working on some extensions to the original draft.
>
> BBF’s main technical change is to add an “alarm-history” feature (see
> below for an indication of what it does) that sounds quite like one of
> Alex Campbell’s proposals.

Yes, see Stefan's reply as well; we will introduce such a YANG feature
in the next revision.

> There are also a few other minor changes,

Any changes worth mentioning, or are they not of general interest?

> and others may arise as a result of the “Straw Ballot” process
> mentioned below.
>
> The problem is that BBF wants to publish its changes very soon. The
> changes will be in “Straw Ballot” (similar to WGLC) at our upcoming Q4
> meeting (next week), which would see them published in Q1 2017. They
> would presumably be published as a BBF YANG module that happened to be
> very similar to the new Vallin draft module (it wouldn’t be possible
> to use augment to add the alarm-history feature, right?).

No, but since we'll add this feature to the base model this should be
fine.

> In an ideal world we would prefer to work with IETF to define a module
> that we could then use or augment directly, but the timescales just
> don’t permit that. One “less bad” option might be to try to feed the
> proposed final BBF version (which should be available around the end
> of this month) into a new IETF draft resulting from (a) Direct
> collaboration between BBF representatives and the draft authors, or
> (b) BBF-led discussion on the NETMOD list. Then BBF could use this new
> IETF draft (not ideal, but reduces the chances of future divergence).

We very much welcome feedback and proposals, in any form.  So if you
have more comments or ideas for changes, please let us know.

/martin