Hi,

We're trying to figure out how to prevent a NC client from changing the type
of an interface.  Assume that we have an interface stack defined and the
lowest layer of the stack (the physical interface) is of type fastdsl.   In
principle a NC client can send an edit-config to the server and change the
type of that interface to something else.  It is still a valid YANG model
but it does not make any sense any more.  Is there a way to express in YANG
that this type of change is not allowed rather than having some SW
application in the device interacting with the NC server and responding with
an error to avoid this change?  The server just can't ignore this change and
leave the type as it was since then the client and the server are no longer
aligned.

Best regards - Vriendelijke groeten,

Bart Bogaert

Broadband-Access System Architect Data

Contact number +32 3 2408310 (+32 477 673952)

NOKIA

Copernicuslaan 50, 2018 Antwerp, Belgium
Fortis 220-0002334-42
VAT BE 0404 621 642 Register of Legal Entities Antwerp

<<
intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any
action based on it, is strictly prohibited without the prior consent of its
author.