I would suggest tweaking the order of the words slightly:

Old:

The interpretation of any *other character then* the ones listed above
following a backslash is undefined. Authors are advised to avoid using
such backslash sequences in double-quoted strings in their YANG
modules.

New:

The interpretation of any *character other than* the ones listed above
following a backslash is undefined. Authors are advised to avoid using
such backslash sequences in double-quoted strings in their YANG
modules.

Thanks,
Rob