Hi Clyde,

Since no concerns have been raised, should we be expecting an updated syslog
draft shortly?

Kent // as shepherd

As part of the last few steps before again calling for last call for
draft-ietf-netmod-syslog-model-14, we are adding certificate support to the
signing-options container. RFC 5848: Signed Syslog Messages is the RFC that
governs this section.

The signing-options container resides within the remote action destination list
section of the model. This means signing-options will be configurable for each
remote destination.

RFC 5848 supports four signature groups as defined in section 4.2.3 Signature
Group and Signature Priority of the RFC:

We are proposing to limit our support to Signature Group 0 which covers the
case for administrators who want all messages of a syslog stream to be signed
and Signature Blocks to be sent to a single destination.  We believe this case
covers all deployment scenarios that are commonly encountered.

Support for Signature Groups 1 (each PRI value is associated with its own
Signature Group), 2 (each Signature Group contains a range of PRI values), and
3 (Signature Groups are negotiated through a private arrangement) could be
added to the model later through augmentation.

Please let us know if you have any concerns about this.

Thanks,

Clyde