Hi Lada,

I agree that there is a close alignment but then I guess NETMOD should have
started with a different approach, perhaps object-oriented rather than
document-oriented, where configuration could play the role of "methods"
intended for changing the object's state. (If Randy Presuhn was reading this,
he would probably refer to certain ancient technologies at this point.:-)

<KENT> I just added https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-next/issues/25.  Note,
this would definitely be in a YANG 2.0 (if done at all), as oppose to in a
YANG 1.2.

It is quite remarkable that formalisms closely related to YANG (W3C XML Schema,
RELAX NG/Schematron/DSDL, XPath) were all initially relatively simple and
elegant (albeit limited) and became popular, but subsequent consortia-driven
"improvements" made them so complex that nobody understands the new versions
any more, and only the old versions remain in use. I am concerned that YANG is
now bound to the same path.

<KENT> This is an important point.  Perhaps you're saying that it's better for
us to obsolete/cannibalize ourselves than passively waiting for it to happen.
FWIW, in terms of complexity, I think that schema-mount in particular has
pushed the YANG-complexity envelope more so than any other recent activity.