Good suggestion, Rob.  This might also have come up in the SecDir review.

Separately, Juergen had a suggestion to add an "observation" (since a "warning"
seems too strong) that use of POSIX regex precludes UTF8 support.  Makes sense?
 FWIW, the module is fine as is, since the regex is under a feature statement,
which allows a future effort add another regex-feature if ever needed.

Clyde, since these are not technical changes, and assuming that there is no
objection, you can make these two tweaks as well.  Otherwise, I can add notes
about these in the shepherd writeup.

Kent

--

Hi Kent, Clyde,

Does the "pattern-match" leaf need to be explicitly pulled out in
security considerations?  Allowing a client to provide an arbitrary
regex could potentially cause a regex engine to overflow its stack and
crash.

An example of an regex overflow is described here:
http://www.regular-expressions.info/catastrophic.html

Thanks,
Rob