IMHO, if this module is supposed to be useful in practice, without requiring
immediately proprietary augmentations, UDP needs to be supported.  RFC 5424
also states that implementations SHOULD support a UDP transport per RFC 5426.

Whether TCP support should be included is debatable because not a standard
transport.  Perhaps it should not, however given that it has already been
specified, I don't think it hurts to have it as a feature/option for
implementations that require it.
--- Alex