----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Bierman" <a...@yumaworks.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 5:48 PM

> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 4:58 AM, t.petch <ie...@btconnect.com> wrote:
>
> > Andy
> >
> > If an RFC is mentioned in a Description clause, should it also
appear in
> > the related Reference clause?
>
> yes -- there are many places in 6087bis that mention the
reference-stmt

> e.g.:
>
>    If the notification semantics are defined in an external document
>    (other than another YANG module indicated by an import statement),
>    then a reference statement MUST be present.
>
> I cannot find any text that says it is OK or not OK to also put
> the reference in the description-stmt.

Andy

Just to be clear, what I am seeing is RFCxxxx in a Description clause in
a YANG module but not appearing anywhere else in the I-D, not in a
Reference clause or in the I-D Reference sections or anywhere.

e.g. in draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-yang
 leaf uuid {
            type yang:uuid;
            description "A Universally Unique IDentifier in the string
representation
                defined in RFC 4122.

4122 appears in three such Description clauses but nowhere else; I am
thinking that it should also be in a Reference clause as well

Tom Petch