----- Original Message -----
From: "Kent Watsen" <kwat...@juniper.net>
To: "t.petch" <ie...@btconnect.com>; "NETMOD Working Group"
<netmod@ietf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 5:06 PM

> > Kent
> >
> > You illustrate beautifully the problem I would like a solution to.
> >
> > The current thinking AFAICT is that tree-diagrams
> > should be an Informative Reference.
> >
> > Therefore, the RFC Editor will not hold publication until an RFC
number
> > is assigned.
> >
> > Therefore, a note asking the I-D reference to be updated to reflect
the
> > assigned RFC number is null - the RFC can be published with the
> > reference as an i-d and not as an RFC which is what I expect the RFC
> > Editor to do.
> >
> > QED
>

> Except I know that this draft will be stuck in MISREF state and
tree-diagrams
> will in fact be assigned an RFC number by the time this draft is
published.

Kent

Corner case:-)

You cannot know in general that drafts that appear as Informational
References and which are referenced from within a YANG module will be
published before the referencing I-D will be and so will have a RFC
number which can be inserted by the RFC Editor.

Tom Petch

> K.
>

> > Note that this is not the case of a Normative i-d reference being
buried
> > in the YANG module and not being.noticed by the RFC Editor; that
problem
> > I am content with.
> >

> >Tom Petch
>

> > Please also address these issues when posting -21 to address
Benoit's
> issues.  Please post -21 ASAP as Benoit has already placed this draft
on
> the IESG telechat in a couple weeks.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kent // shepherd
> >

> > On 2/14/18, 8:18 AM, "netmod on behalf of Benoit Claise"
> <netmod-boun...@ietf.org<mailto:netmod-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of
> bcla...@cisco.com<mailto:bcla...@cisco.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > - the draft is NMDA compliant, right? It should be mentioned.
> > Ex: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-03, in the abstract and intro
> >
> >    The YANG model in this document conforms to the Network
Management

> >    Datastore Architecture defined in
> I-D.ietf-netmod-revised-datastores.
> >

> > - As mentioned in the writeup, [I-D.ietf-netmod-yang-tree-diagrams]
> should be an informative reference, not normative.
> >
> > - Editorial:
> > OLD:
> > This draft addresses the common leafs
> > NEW:
> > This document addresses the common leafs
> >
> > Please publish a new version asap.
> > In the mean time, I'm sending this draft to IETF LC.
> >
> > Regards, Benoit

&r=9zkP0xnJUvZGJ9EPoOH7Yhqn2gsBYaGTvjISlaJdcZo&m=cJ7MVnQVc1hgxpVF7oYiVn6
Rbm-Qf2dDyrfYhL-s9io&s=u0Hn9GkO-B0jUGm1MnIQ4x4AgIZNXHBIaZhTPmt3dC8&e=