On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 11:34:02AM +0000, Bogaert, Bart (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)
wrote:

> I agree but the fact is that some of the BBF models have constructions like
> that and we were wondering whether this should not be mentioned in the
> guildelines document.  Normally a server can't set config true leafs if there
> is no default available in the model.  That is the reason we reached out to
> NETMOD.  Your suggestions can work but require adaptation of the current
> model.

I agree that mandatory leafs can be subtle and I agree that this is a
great topic for a guidelines document. Perhaps you can draft some
concrete text that could be considered to be added to section 4.17.
There is text in section 4.19.2 which addresses a similar situation
with mandatory augments and perhaps we should have a similar
discussion in a new section 4.17.1.

/js

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>