The YANG versioning design team has spent the last few months refining some of the requirements and discussing and debating various solutions.  I would like to thank everyone on the design team who has spent time on this and participated in this effort.

To this end we have produced an interim draft, draft-verdt-netmod-yang-solutions <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-verdt-netmod-yang-solutions/>, that describes some of the solutions to the key problems that we have been discussing.

The draft is quite rough around the edges, but is only expected be a transient working document.  I shall be presenting some of the content to the WG in the Thursday Netmod session.  The draft itself purposely does not recommend any particular solution at this time, but the design team would welcome feedback from the working group on their thoughts and views of the various potential solutions, particularly if their are additional pros/cons of those solutions that are not captured in the draft.

Thanks,
Rob