Hi Qin,

On 11/1/18, 10:44 AM, "Qin Wu" <bill...@huawei.com> wrote:

    That's a good use case for geo-location service. If the geo-location
information is specified in routing protocol, I think it should also be
specified by YANG, but need to make sure they are consistent.
    For precision of longitude and latitude, why not use DMS (Degree, Minute,
Second)?

I'd be happy to reach consensus on this but we're going to solve it in this
Email thread.

Thanks,
Acee

    -Qin
    -----邮件原件-----
    发件人: Acee Lindem (acee) [mailto:a...@cisco.com]
    发送时间: 2018年11月1日 22:18
    收件人: Qin Wu <bill...@huawei.com>; Juergen Schoenwaelder
<j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de>; netmod@ietf.org
    主题: Re: [netmod] for a future rfc6991bis

    Hi Qin,

    We'd tried to converge on geo-coordinates in the protocols and received and
a rather wide range of opinions as to the precision and what was required. An
IETF consensus is required and not everyone is going to be happy. However, I'm
not sure where this work lies and it hasn't been a priority for me. In fact, I
let my draft expire:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-acee-ospf-geo-location-05.txt. I think
trying to adding these before this happens could delay the BIS update.

    Thanks,
    Acee

    On 11/1/18, 7:55 AM, "netmod on behalf of Qin Wu" <netmod-boun...@ietf.org