---- Original Message -----
From: "Juergen Schoenwaelder" <j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de>
To: "Kent Watsen" <kwat...@juniper.net>
Cc: <netmod@ietf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:14 AM

> > > Where are these used? Or have these already been used somewhere?
> >
> > I'm unaware of these ever having been used before.  I am working on
a private module for which I want to configure an email address.  After
some searching, I concluded that no such types have been defined, and
thus thought that they might be good candidates for addition.

We could defined a user-name, of the form localpart@domainpart as is
widely used to identify a user in operations but which does not, in my
experience, owe anything to i18n, just a straightforward character set;
yes it would not boil the ocean, but could be useful.  I am surprised
not to find such a definition somewhere in our 40 or so NETCONF I-Ds.

Tom Petch