On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 09:35:55AM -0500, Joe Clarke wrote:
> On 11/23/18 07:48, Balázs Lengyel wrote:
> >> Do you have to register the ".yid" file extension as well?
> > BALAZS: Is there a registry for file extensions? I was not aware.
>
> RFC6020 section 14 registers media types that include file extensions
> for .yin and .yang.  I am asking are you proposing to do the same and
> registering something like application/yang-instance-data with a .yid
> extension?

Isn't this just json and xml? If we need specific media types, I think
it would be two.

In theory, it would be even nicer if the document would be written in
such a way that it works with any (future) encoding. The way things
are defined today, by referring to responses of specific protocol
operations, is a bit odd. Does it matter whether the XML is returned
by a NETCONF <get-data> or RESTCONF/HTTP GET? Ideally, the format of
the instance files would be coming out of the data encoding
specifications (plus the architectural framework of datastores).

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>