Robert Varga <n...@hq.sk> wrote:
> On 12/06/2019 11:25, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
> > That said, they do seem to declare something like
> > oc-ext:regexp-posix; but it would have been much smarter to use for
> > example oc-posix:regex instead of changing the semantics of the
> > pattern statement.
>
> Yes, this would be preferable, but it has a downside: now you need to
> carry the patterns twice and must make sure they are in sync.

In the OC models they would/could just use the oc-posix:regex statement, and
not even use the pattern statement.

The current solution doesn't really work, since it requires tools to
understand the "regexp-posix" extension.

And yes, I'm the first to admit that tailf:action had the same kind of
problem.