Hi, Joe:
Thanks for your valuable comments, see reply inline below.
-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Joe Clarke (jclarke) [mailto:jcla...@cisco.com]
发送时间: 2019年10月28日 22:13
收件人: Qin Wu <bill...@huawei.com>
抄送: netmod@ietf.org
主题: Re: [netmod] New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-netmod-factory-default-04.txt

> On Oct 27, 2019, at 23:37, Qin Wu <bill...@huawei.com> wrote:
>
> v-04 is posted
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-factory-default-04
> additional text to clarify rpc usage.

Thanks, Qin.  I re-read this latest draft, and albeit there were only a few
changes, I have some broader comments.

First, I remember we talked about a reboot operation I think at the last
IETF(?).  It was said that perhaps a reboot would happen as part of this RPC
because once the <running> datastore is reset to factory-default, the device
would not be reachable.  I don’t know where we landed on that.  However, I
think some attention should be paid to things like zero-touch provisioning.  If
I reset to factory-default, I would expect the device to undergo any
out-of-the-box bootstrapping.  Perhaps adding some text that after the RPC is
executed, the device SHOULD perform any initial bootstrapping processes?

[Qin]:Yes, initial bootstrapping processes should be covered, I will propose
text in the separate email for this.

===

In Section 2, perhaps for clarity say that, “Factory-default content SHALL be
specified by one of the following means in descending order of precedence”?
I’m nit-picking on this one, though.

[Qin]: okay, fixed.
===

In Section 2, you mention Instance Data is second in the list.  What is really
meant by this?  Does that mean the factory-default config is defined by an
instance data file specified by the vendor in some offline location?  If so,
perhaps it’s worth clarifying that.
[Qin]: How about the following proposed changes:
OLD TEXT
"
YANG Instance Data [I-D.ietf-netmod-yang-instance-file-format]
"
NEW TEXT:
"
  by vendors using YANG Instance Data
[I-D.ietf-netmod-yang-instance-file-format] file format in
  vendor's website or other places where off-line document is kept;
"

===

In Section 2 and in the YANG module description for the RPC your tenses don’t
match.  You should say:

Upon receiving the RPC the server resets the contents of all read-write
configuration datastore (e.g., <running> and <startup>) to their
factory-default contents.

[Qin]:Good catch, fixed.
===

In Section 2, you say, “some of the SW processes”.  I think you mean software.
You should expand SW.
[Qin]:Fixed.

Joe