As I mentioned in the other thread, I am seeing errors while trying to use
yanglint to validate examples for modules that import
ietf-subscribed-notifications. I see it with ietf-notification-capabilities and
with my own draft ietf-https-notif. These errors do not appear with confd.

Using ietf-notification-capabilites and the first example in the -12 version of
the draft which I call examples-notification-capabilities-1.xml, and released
models for ietf-yang-push and ietf-subscribed-notifications, I see two issues.
The first one related to the statement 'required-instance’ in
ietf-subscribed-notifications is discussed on the other thread, and I do not
want to repeat it here. If I comment out the only instance of
‘required-instance’ in the module, I run into more errors:

bash-3.2$ yanglint -s -i -t auto -p /Volumes/External/git/iana/yang-parameters/
ietf-system-capabilit...@2020-03-08.yang
ietf-notification-capabilit...@2020-03-09.yang
examples-notification-capabilities-1.xml
err : The leafref leaf is config but refers to a non-config leaf.
(/ietf-subscribed-notifications:subscriptions/subscription/target/stream/stream)
err : Invalid value "subscription-policy" of "uses".
(/ietf-subscribed-notifications:subscriptions/subscription/subscription-policy)
err : Copying data from grouping failed.
(/ietf-subscribed-notifications:subscriptions/subscription/subscription-policy)
err : Module "ietf-subscribed-notifications" parsing failed.
err : Importing "ietf-subscribed-notifications" module into "ietf-yang-push"
failed.
err : Module "ietf-yang-push" parsing failed.
err : Importing "ietf-yang-push" module into "ietf-notification-capabilities"
failed.
err : Module "ietf-notification-capabilities" parsing failed.

While pyang gives the following error:

bash-3.2$  pyang -f tree ietf-subscribed-notificati...@2019-09-09.yang >
ietf-subscribed-notificati...@2019-09-09-tree.txt
ietf-subscribed-notificati...@2019-09-09.yang:381: error: the path for stream
is config but refers to a non-config leaf "name" defined at
ietf-subscribed-notificati...@2019-09-09.yang:1046

Have other encountered this error? If we agree this is an error, is there a
-bis to fix this?

Thanks.

Mahesh Jethanandani
mjethanand...@gmail.com