> On Mar 30, 2020, at 12:10 PM, Balázs Lengyel <balazs.leng...@ericsson.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello Kent,
> Sorry for not providing a clear pointer to my work. As you have already found
> it, I just include it here for reference to others:
> https://github.com/BalazsLengyel/rfcstrip
> <https://github.com/BalazsLengyel/rfcstrip>
> I assume ggrep is the gnu grep ? Maybe we should make that a variable for
> grep like we have for AWK=awk

Yes, and so you don’t feel isolated, please note (Martin) that I have to use
“AWK=gawk” on MacOS as well…this has nothing to do with Balazs’s recent change.

> I do not see the additional ^@ at EOF.  I tested it on cygwin, which is
> mostly GNU compatible.
> This is how my file ends
>
> 3c 2f 69 6e 73 74 61 6e 63 65 2d 64 61 74 61 2d 73 65 74 3e 00 ----
> </instance-data-set>

I’d say to “please test on MacOS”, but it seems that Martin’s commit from today
no longer contains that `grep` call:
https://github.com/mbj4668/rfcstrip/blob/mbj/artwork/rfcstrip
<https://github.com/mbj4668/rfcstrip/blob/mbj/artwork/rfcstrip>

BTW, Martin, running mbj/artwork on MacOS:

WITH AWK=awk:

$ ~/Code/GitHub/mbj4668/rfcstrip/rfcstrip -a
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-instance-file-format-10.xml
awk: cmd. line:13: warning: regexp escape sequence `\"' is not a known regexp
operator
example1.xml.folded: 82 lines.
awk: cmd. line:13: warning: regexp escape sequence `\"' is not a known regexp
operator
example2.xml: 32 lines.
awk: cmd. line:13: warning: regexp escape sequence `\"' is not a known regexp
operator
example3.json: 26 lines.

WITH AWK=gawk:

$ ~/Code/GitHub/mbj4668/rfcstrip/rfcstrip -a
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-instance-file-format-10.xml
gawk: cmd. line:13: warning: regexp escape sequence `\"' is not a known regexp
operator
example1.xml.folded: 82 lines.
gawk: cmd. line:13: warning: regexp escape sequence `\"' is not a known regexp
operator
example2.xml: 32 lines.
gawk: cmd. line:13: warning: regexp escape sequence `\"' is not a known regexp
operator
example3.json: 26 lines.

Kent // contributor