On 30/09/2021 10:48, Martin Björklund wrote:
Hi,

Jernej Tuljak <jernej.tul...@mg-soft.si> wrote:
Hi,

can someone clarify the meaning of the following bullet in Section 11,
RFC7950:

    o  A "base" statement may be removed from an "identityref" type,
       provided there is at least one "base" statement left.

This seems to enable the value space of a definition to narrow across
revisions of the same module.
"base" statements are ANDed, so removing one expands the value space.

9.10.2 says:

    Valid values for an identityref are any identities derived from all
    the identityref's base identities.

Oh, my. That is not how I understood "identityref"s with multiple bases worked at all.

Jernej

/martin

Most other changes in this section seem
to only allow expansion of the value space, relaxing of constraints,
etc. What kind of revisions does this bullet cover?

Jernej