On 13/06/2023 17.21, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:
Dne 13. 06. 23 v 17:07 Robert Varga napsal(a):
On 05/06/2023 11.46, Martin Björklund wrote:
   - introduce new instance-identifier data type based on RFC 7951 definition
   - introduce new identityref data type based on RFC 7951 definition
... but I do agree with these!

I am not sure I follow... is this about providing instance-identifier/identityref encoding which does not rely on XML namespaces, or something else?

Yes, it's about using module name as the namespace identifier (prefix).

Ah, okay. Can we do this without introducing new data types, please?

After all this is essentially just how those datatypes are encoded -- and hence a revised media-type (for RESTCONF et al.) and protocol negotiation (for NETCONF) should be sufficient.

I don't think we need two data types for each of those in the language metamodel just to deal with how they are encoded after all.

Regards,
Robert