From: Tobias Klauser [mailto:tklau...@distanz.ch]
Sent: January-27-16 5:02 PM
To: Umair Ali
Cc: netsniff-ng@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [netsniff-ng] Replay pcap file on Xenomai kernel in real time

On 2016-01-27 at 15:15:01 +0100, Umair Ali <ali.um...@tut.fi> wrote:
> Hi Tobias,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. I have read pcap_mm.c file but cannot understand
> the flow of the code. Can you explain me the flow that once the pcap file is
> open using mmap then how it is further processed to extract packet by packet
> and replay. Is it possible with netsniff-ng to send packet every 5micro secs
> or less.

The mmap pcap functions (like the scatter-gather and the standard file i/o
functions) are wired up in struct pcap_file_ops *pcap_ops and then used by the
respective functions in netsniff-ng.cx according to the pcap access method is
set in ctx->pcap (PCAP_OPS_MM in case of mmap).
read_pcap in netsniff-ng.c is probably most interesting to you.

HTH
Tobias