On 13/10/2016 14:49, Vincent Sanders wrote:
It is that time again and a new release would seem to be due.

As usual the wiki page [1] is being used to co-ordinate the
release. If anyone has any known outstanding issues they want to solve
before the release *now* is the time to update the wiki or let me know
on the mailing list.

This release has several areas of improvement:
 - core code reorganisation enabling future work
 - greatly extended core component test coverage
 - stability improvements gained from fuzzing with AFL [2]
 - frontend updates (amiga and GTK)
 - much improved supercookie protection [3]
 - many lots of bug fixes

The release will be made at the weekend unless any showstoppers are
identified.

[1] http://wiki.netsurf-browser.org/NetSurf_3.6
[2] http://vincentsanders.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/down-rabbit-hole.html
[3]
http://vincentsanders.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/if-i-see-ending-i-can-work-backward.html

Btw what's wrong with "need to sort out binary stripping"?

Doing:
make NETSURF_USE_JS=NO NETSURF_USE_MNG=NO BUILD=debug NETSURF_STRIP_BINARY=YES

Gives a functionnal 4.1MB binary instead of 9MB.
I just checked and the stripping is done before adding the resources, as should be (strip doesn't know about resources and so removes them).

François.