In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, John-Mark
Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I have attempted to raise its priority, but have been 'knocked back'.

> I don't quite know what you mean by 'knocked back'

Its priority was lowered again.

> but the bug's current status reflects the fact that a significant amount
> of time (weeks, fwiw) has already been expended on hunting down the
> cause, a hacky workaround is known about and, without further
> information, little further progress will be made. The status also
> reflects that the person who was investigating the issue (i.e. me) no
> longer has a RISC OS machine and is thus not in a position to seriously
> investigate further. Put simply; there are more important things to be
> working on.

Fair enough - but the status page suggests that no-one is working on it at
all, so I was naturally assuming this was true.

Perhaps its priority should now be lowered to zero in the light of the
information above.

I shall now stop opening and testing each new version with eager
anticipation that the problem will be solved some day before reverting once
again to the 20th April 07 version.

Sorry to have bothered you unnecessarily.

John

--
||       John Williams         ||     Brittany, Northern France
         Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/
 E-mail replies only accepted from RISC OS machines or RISC in subject line
Somewhere nice to stay in Brittany? http://petit.four.free.fr/visitors/locate