On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 14:01 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Apple has filed for a patent to enhance the Safari with a tree like
> diagram to display the history. This does remind me of a certain RISC
> OS browser ;-)
> see this link
> http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/09/25/apple_proposes_improvements_to_safari_browsing_experience.html

While it may be possible to challenge part of this filing based on prior
art in NetSurf, Apple have put a lot more functionality into their
patent description that NS's history window currently has. I doubt we
could stop this going through. OTOH, I doubt Apple will attempt to stop
NetSurf from adding such features should our userbase demand them.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                       http://www.netsurf-browser.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895