On 16 Feb 2009, Richard Ashbery wrote:
> In article <1da8842e50.roger...@rogerarm.freeuk.com>, Roger
> Darlington <roger...@freeuk.com> wrote:
>> On 16 Feb 2009, Tim Hill wrote:
>> >
>> > I can't comment on your graphic refresh problem but have noticed
>> > you expect everyone to have hugely wide display. At 1280 pix
>> > wide, I still can't see all your last column without buying a new
>> > screen.

>> > At first, Netsurf displayed only the overlapping row of
>> > images at the top until I dragged the bottom right and the
>> > columnar frames suddenly appeared.
>
>> This problem has been reported to Netsurf about a year ago.I t's a
>> Netsurf problem, no other browser exhibits it, not even O2.
>
> I've looked at it on Firefox on the PC with a 1280 x 1024 monitor and
> guess what I am unable to see the fourth frame.

The problem to which I was replying, Richard, is the second half of
Tims response: in that IF you have set Netserf to open a window at
less that 1098 pixels, then NONE of the  lower frames are displayed
until you widen the window yourself. This happens even if you have a
1920 pixel wide monitor. No other browser I have seen (not Firefox nor
Safari, nor Explorer, nor Fresco, nor Oregano2) behave this way.
Netserf will close all the lower columns again if you make the window
narrower than 1098 pixels.

> Luckily I know Rogers
> excellent site

Many thanks for the compliment Richard. If you have any good flower
photographs to contribute, you are welcome to submit them. All
contributions acknowledged.

> so I know there is a fourth frame. If you scroll down the
> third frame there is some text about how to see it. I usually click on
> Maximise and the fourth screen magically appears (or most of it).
>
> I must confess I quite like the frame layout - it seems to suit the
> subject well but really requires a wide screen to make the most of it.

I think you can also scale most browsers such that it is scaled at
less than unity magnification. It will then fit on a 1024 pixel wide
screen.

--

Cheers
Roger