In article <5045d76fa5rh.li...@virgin.net>,
   Russell Hafter - Lists <rh.li...@virgin.net> wrote:

> That does not seem to be the best place to store such info.
> Surely Scrap, by definition and name, is just for *very*
> temporary stuff that is not needed over the long term.

> I cannot be the only person who clears out scrap every so
> often!

A problem addressed by Rob Kendrick's Caches application:

<quote>
!Caches provides a shared location for the storage of transient cache data.
It is intended to be used instead of !Scrap or Choices for data that's
helpful to keep around, but not the end of the world if it is deleted.  It
was created to let people keep cached data if they store their !Scrap in
a RAM disc.
</quote>

But if people/developers don't take advantage of it ...

... what are we to do?

I myself use Scrap for some Pic_Index data - if you delete it it just takes
a little longer to start, just like NetSurf!

John

--
||       John Williams         ||     Brittany, Northern France
       Who is John Williams? http://petit.four.free.fr/picindex/author/
 E-mail replies only accepted from RISC OS machines or RISC in subject line
Somewhere nice to stay in Brittany? http://petit.four.free.fr/visitors/locate