On 8 Sep 2010  Brian Howlett <brian.gro...@brianhowlett.me.uk> wrote:

> On 7 Sep, Dr Peter Young wrote:

>> Page http://www.rickstein.com/Steins-Fish-and-Chips.html

> Something on that page is fooling NS (r10731 here) in to thinking it
> is loading several million out of 25 objects. It also steals every
> last byte of RAM.

Thanks; I thought it must be something odd about the page, and it's
good to have this confirmed by someone who understands these things. I
imagine that the bug report and logfile are irrelevant, then. I hadn't
noticed the vanishing memory, but that indeed does happen.

> However, if you press the stop button it will stop trying to load the
> page,

So it does!

> and you can then shift-click on the sample menu (PDF) to download it.

So you can! Thanks. However, Windows Firefox makes it easier, alas.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Lu       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.