On 2 Dec 2010 Rob Kendrick  wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 02:32:18PM +0000, Richard Porter wrote:
>> On 2 Dec 2010 Rob Kendrick  wrote:

> The problem is, as you said yourself, we are not sure what the issue is.

>> You didn't answer my question: is it possible for NS to execute old
>> code whilst still announcing itself to be the current version?

> Code, no.  The revision number is encoded inside the !RunImage.  Data,
> it's possible; I've not looked.

That's what I would have thought, but I can't see how, when you
inadvertantly boot an obsolete version, you get bugs that were present
in that version and when you reboot the correct application, without
quitting and re-running it, it comes all right again. This is easy to
demonstrate. Maybe that particular bug was data-related.

The good thing is that I've done a change to SiteMatch which should
stop it picking up obsolete data files if the app$Dir variable is
accidentally changed. The path is stored on start-up.

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com