On 28 Jan 2011  John Williams <joh...@ukgateway.net> wrote:

> In article <519ca0651ft...@netsurf-browser.org>,
>    Michael Drake <t...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:

>> Sounds like something on your system gives them different RISC OS
>> filetypes when they're downloaded.  Do you use different apps to download
>> NetSurf?

> No, but I do use a home-made auto-downloader which uses CURL and generally
> messes about with stuff, checking for new versions etcetera.  So I guess
> that's what's causing it. I shall look assiduously at that and see what
> I've done wrong.

FWIW (not worth much, probably) I also have a home-made downloader
using wget, which also does backups of previous versions. One line in
this sets the type of the downloaded file to Archive. Would this line
be useful in your setup?

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Lu     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.