On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:30:12 GMT, Richard Porter wrote:

> What's the difficulty getting NS to play mp3 files and playlists? JMB
> has closed my feature request for m3u (MPEGURL) files to be passed on
> to an available player as happens automatically in Oregano and on
> other platforms. With NS you need to download the file, save it to
> disc and then run the application. With O1 I can click on an m3u link
> and listen to the audio. I only need to launch !Stream if I want to
> stop it playing. I guess most of the functionality is in RISC OS and
> not the browser.

I think this is something that could be implemented in the frontend
code.  Request to open or save, on open NetSurf would save to a
temporary location/filename (!Scrap) and then try and run the file
(using an equivalent of - IIRC - *Filer_Run)

It should say on your closure notice why it has been closed, otherwise
you'll need to ask Steve F nicely to put it on his todo list.

AFAIK none of the frontends have this feature yet.

Chris