On 11 Oct 2011  Steve Fryatt <li...@stevefryatt.org.uk> wrote:

> On 11 Oct, Dr Peter Young wrote in message
>     <9c238b2052.pnyo...@pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>:

>> On 11 Oct 2011  Steve Fryatt <li...@stevefryatt.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm.  It doesn't here.  If you load NetSurf, go to a page, try that
>>> action twice, does it do it?  Or do you need to have been browsing
>>> around first?
>>
>> Just re-run NetSurf with my home page www.bbc.co.uk and have tried two
>> saves of page location before doing anything else, and NetSurf vanished
>> again.

> It works fine here, for some reason.  Final straw clutch: where on the page
> are you clicking Menu, and does that make any difference?

Doesn't seem to, but of course I can't try all the possibilities.

>> Sorry, should have said bug report, and will do that.

> OK, thanks; I'll look at the logfile.

Sorry, perpetuated typo of mine. There isn't a logfile.

> IIRC, this (or a similar problem) has been reported before, and I couldn't
> reproduce it then either.

And Chris has reported this too. Aha! Just had a rush of blood to the
brain cell: I've been doing the saves in today's directory of
Transient, which is fairly deep in the directory hierarchy. I've tried
now saving to a temporary directory in the root, and can save as many
times as I like. As NetSurf obviously isn't at fault here, is it
Transient or the filer that is causing the problem? In any case, the
bug report can be closed, I think.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Lu     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.