On 29 Jun 2012, Bryn Evans <nets...@bryork.freeuk.com> wrote:
> In a mad moment - Dave Symes  mumbled :

[snip]

> > Problem is... She can't drag anything to the bottom of the list
> > where the directory resides, it is totally unreachable, any part of
> > the icon.
>
> > By getting her to drag the directory up the list a few spaces, it
> > becomes reachable.
>
> I noticed this behaviour when the Hotlist was first introduced, and
> discovered the same workaround.

The problem appeared some time between 2.6 (21st September 2010), which
is ok, and 2.7 (7th April 2011), which is not ok (sorry that I cannot be
more precise).

It seems to be caused by the position of the pointer on the bounding box
which represents the objects being moved. The pointer is at the top left
of the box, which is higher than one line, in the Hotlist window. Thus
the pointer cannot reach the bottom line.

Previously, the objects to be dragged were represented by a transparent
icon, which didn't restrict the movement of the pointer.

Tony