On 25 Sep 2012  Dave Symes <d...@triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> Oh dear,
> Fay is not a happy person at the moment, apparently QVC have re-designed
> their front page, and as she uses NetSurf (r13571) to view the stuff,
> suddenly she can't see menus and such like that a couple of days ago she
> could.

> I have to assume it's something to do with more javascript, but way
> outside my paygrade so to speak.

> Could someone with knowledge please have a quick look at...
> http://www.qvcuk.com

> It's mainly the menus down the lefthand side.

I don't have knowledge, but in so far as my knowledge goes, I've done
a bit of furkling. Here, the menus on the left show briefly on
source, (F8) it seems to teem with JavaScript indeed; StrongED reports
"79 hits on 49 lines". I also looked on their FAQ page, on which is:

<quote>

To enjoy most of our content your browser must also be set to the
following options:

JavaScript enabled
ActiveX enabled (Internet Explorer only)
Pop-ups allowed from www.qvcuk.com

<unquote>

So it looks as if it's a Dark Side only site, and that they have done
the dreaded "In the interests of product improvement we reserve the
right to foul it up at any time".

There is a feedback option on the page, which of course doesn't work,
and also a Contact Us option at the bottom, which does, but I fear
that trying to persuade them that they've sinned might activate the GM
again :-)

Some sites have a "mobile" option, which sometimes works with NetSurf,
but I can't see such a one there.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Ta     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.