Michael Drake  wrote

> In article <970f2cef52.iyoj...@rickman.argonet.co.uk>,
>    John Rickman Iyonix <rick...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

>> I would like to be able to fix some heading content on a page so that
>> when the page is scrolled the heading stays on the screen.
>> Is there anyway to do this that would work in NetSurf?
>> A JavaScript solution is obviously not on.

> Only HTML Frames, but they have their own limitations.

> Does your design actually need it?  Usually I detest it when I see it.  :)
> The performance penalty can affect e.g. Chrome/Firefox on modern PCs too,
> although to a lesser extent.

In this case, the design really does need it. What I want to keep at
the top of the window is a lookup table which enables multiple
interpretations of the content that follows.

You can see what I am trying to do here:-

  http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk/john/songs/songsaf.html

If you don't play the guitar it probably won't make a lot of sense,
but basically it enables a guitarist to play any of the songs in any
key without use of a capo.

The performance hit on the scroll is acceptable here because once you
have found the song you want to play you don't have to scroll again
until you want to change songs.

--
John - http://mug.riscos.org/