In article <3F3D98959B3D4050A339C1550681C3A1@StudioPC>, Ken Ellis
<k...@kitehouse.co.uk> wrote:

> I don't understand what is meant by 'clicking menu over the toolbar'. All
> I can see above the toolbar is the usual menu list of File Edit View
> Navigate and Help. I have tried a right click on the toolbar, but nothing
> happens.

RISC OS uses a three button mouse.  The middle button, or often nowadays a
scroll wheel, is the 'Menu' button, and it is this mouse button to which
the above refers.

> The other point I am having trouble with is when discussing Toolbar Icons
> the guide refers to 'Adjust Click' and 'Select Click'. I have not met
> these terms.

Similarly, the left button is called 'Select' and the right button
'Adjust', and therefore the 'Click' referred to here is the clicking of the
right and left mouse buttons respectively.

Thus, from left to right, the three mouse buttons are: Select, Menu,
Adjust, and their names usually start with a capital to avoid the obvious
confusion and ambiguity which may be partly contributing to your problems
and those of other newcomers to the OS.

Hope this helps,

John