> ... via their older interface at
> http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newdefaulte2.htm ... the map display is only
> in the new format which Netsurf apparently cannot display.

It has changed, and it is annoying, but what I get with NS 3.00 (and
RO5.18) is better than that.

It all works normally as far as displaying the first map.  At that point I
used to edit the z= value in the URL to a small to a small even number (eg
2 or 4) which gave a much more useful 5x5 square display, but if I do that
now it jumps to the new format and tries to fit 25 map squares into the 3x3
window, making a right mess.

If I use any control (scale or move) it also jumps to the new format.

Most of the controls in the new format work OK, and there is one to switch
to 5x5, so you don't need to edit the URL.

The one thing that doesn't work is the search box.  The Go button seems to
work, but I can't find a way to type into the search field.

I just tried it with Dev #953 (the latest I had loaded) and (a) it goes
straight to a new style page to offer you the alternative places, which
works but then (b) displays a blank map on which (c) none of the controls
work.

Regards

--
John Harrison