In article <20ed3b7953.harr...@blueyonder.co.uk>,
   Harriet Bazley <li...@orange.wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:

> ... it *is* possible already to select a section, cut it to the
> clipboard, and paste it elsewhere.  It would be nice (and safer) if
> overtyping had the same effect.   The main argument I can see against it
> is that people might conceivably want to copy text to the clipboard,
> delete a block of text by overtyping with a backspace, and then paste
> the former clipboard contents;

I would strongly support the argument against it.

In many applications (and most of the ones I use) deletion, whether by over
typing or using the Delete key, is separate from the clipboard.

The only thing I use where deleted or over typed text goes to the clipboard
is Pluto, and it is extremely annoying.  Even though I know about it, I
still trip up from time to time.

Regards

--
John Harrison