On 13 Jun 2014 Rob Kendrick  wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 03:41:52PM +0000, Cristopher Dewhurst wrote:
>>
>> Is this a Netsurf peculiarity or a Facebook one? If the latter, is
>> there a workaround? You don't seem to be able to highlight and copy
>> just the URL without activating it.

> A Facebook one.  They want to know who follows your link, so they proxy
> it.

Exactly. Google does the same. The workaround is to save the link as
text, extract the embedded URL and replace the escaped characters (%2F
= / and &3A = : in your example). Once you get to the unescaped
ampersand it and all the rest is Facebook garbage which you can
delete.

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
Skype: minijem2                       mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com