In message <mpro.n768be0c1izuo01q9.li...@stevefryatt.org.uk>
 on 14 Jun 2014 Steve Fryatt <li...@stevefryatt.org.uk> wrote:

> I don't run NetSurf during the boot sequence -- are all the people seeing
> issues doing that? What are people's Next slots configured to during the
> boot process?

On completion of booting, my Next slot is set to 640k.  I don't know
how to tell if it's different during boot.

I've taken !NetSurf out of the boot sequence and that doesn't solve
the problem.  I've moved !Cache from !Boot.Resources to
Utilities.Caution.  Putting it at the end of the Look at list in Boot
causes the problem to occur.  I then moved it to last in the list of
items to be Run, which also causes the error.  In this case I got a
very brief flash of the ARMini splash box before the error box covered
it.  Only after I closed this did the apps that had been run before
Cache (including !Clock, !Messenger, !NetFetch) appear on the icon
bar.  This suggests that these apps are multitasking while being
loaded.

Looking at the !Cache.!Boot file, the second line is

If "<Cache$Dir>" = "" Then Run <Obey$Dir>.!Run

I thought the norm was for a !Boot file to set up variables etc, but
not to run the application immediately.  Could this be the source of
the problem?

Regards

Andrew
--