On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 02:25:52PM +0100, Jim Nagel wrote:
> It's good to see the World Out There starting to adopt drag-and-drop
> in some situations where Acornuts have taken it for granted for 30
> years.
>
> For instance http://onlinemd5.com is a service that calculates the MD5
> checksum for any file without having to upload it:  you just drag the
> file out of its directory to the dropzone on the web page.  This works
> a treat in Windows on my laptop.
>
> Unfortunately, though, not in RiscOS Netsurf:  if the file is a Jpeg
> or text, Netsurf displays the picture or text rather than feeding the
> file to the MD5 calculator.

This "dropzone" tenchniqe relies upon adding a div element with a
"special" class around a form with an input of the file type (which we
support and actually you can drag and drop to such widgets
already). The surronding div elemnt has a javascript "drop" event
added to it which gets the filename dropped and updates the form
file widget.

At this time the NetSurf javascript implementation supports very few
events, this support does not include any of the "drag and drop"
events.

--
Regards Vincent
http://www.kyllikki.org/