I have recently had the opportunity to greatly improve the NetSurf CI
build infrastructure both in terms of hardware and software.

On the hardware side I would like to thank Mythic Beasts [1] for once
again generously donating a 1u rack server. This is a 8 core Xeon with
24G of memory which replaces their previous donation of a 4 core 8G
system.

This server is the projects primary VM host for CI build slaves and
the bug tracker. It continues to be hosted by Collabora [2] in
Cambridge. Other services the project uses, like the website,
remain hosted by Pepperfish [3] for which I would also like to extend
my appreciation.

The new hardware has reduced the NetSurf CI rebuild time under
150seconds (down from 300) on all ten currently built operating
systems and allowed the addition of more build combinations improving
the utility to the developers.

The additional memory has allowed us to add more build slaves and
hence extend the number of OS built for. Also the number of checks
performed in analysis jobs[4] was extended.

The CI software has been upgraded to the latest version of jenkins
along with all the other plugins.

I used the opportunity to complete the improvements to the development
build process which was started at the developer weekend. This has
resulted in the job history and rss feed data for many CI jobs
(including the main NetSurf job) being reset, apologies if this
adversely affects anyone but as new builds are performed the history
backlog will build up again.

As a note builds are only performed if commits to the git
repository[5] occur, we do not perform periodic (daily) builds in
general. As there have not been many commits recently there have been
very few builds, this is correct and expected behaviour.

[1] https://www.mythic-beasts.com/
[2] https://www.collabora.com/
[3] http://www.pepperfish.net/
[4] http://ci.netsurf-browser.org/jenkins/job/scan-build-netsurf/