In article <c2cd074855.ga...@wra1th.plus.com>,
   Gavin Wraith <ga...@wra1th.plus.com> wrote:

> So many web pages these days are crammed with stuff put in by
> advertisers or third parties which upset the viewing experience,
> or which NetSurf is unable to render properly. The individual
> user is increasingly going to need tools to fight back, with
> which they can emasculate the page of all the clutter added in
> for statistical purposes, to add unwanted advertisements and
> pop-ups. The days of innocence are long over, so filtering of
> web pages is now a necessity.

NS has choices:
Hide advertisements
Disable pop-up windows
Disable JavaScript

These, I would guess, tell it to ignore such content. It is then filtering
exactly as you seem to want!

So I guess you are asking for a throwback icon, to throw the source out to
an external editor, where it can be processed and returned back to NS?

This is perfectly possible within RISC OS. But I doubt that it is possible
in other OSes.

I hope the developers will contradict me and say it's totally possible -
but I have doubts!

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats