Martin Avison wrote on 12 Apr:
> ... problems with the cache taking large amounts of disc
> space, and the resulting long backup times for !Boot ...

Several months ago I got fed up with this, and also with time wasted
by !Locate searching through all of !Cache.  So on all my machines I
made a new directory that comes alphabetically last:   $._

!Cache and !Scrap and !Newsdir now live there, with appropriate
pointers in the old places.  Works well.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk
   Abbey Press   32 Norbins Rd        (01458) 83 3603