In article <20161025101401.gb2...@kyllikki.org>,
   Vincent Sanders <vi...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 10:47:45AM +0100, Jim Nagel wrote:
> > Any chance of Netsurf's CSS handling being extended a bit to support
> > "media query"?

> It has been on our list of "important" things to do for some
> considerable time now. We know what needs to be done and how [1] but
> as usual development time is limited and noone has yet had time to
> work on the feature.

> > Reason I ask is that I want to rejig my various websites (including
> > Archive's) so that (among other things) they will be readable on
> > smartphone screens as well as desktop screens.

[Snip]

I find that this meta tag immediately fixes lots of issues without having
to come up with a new CSS file for each and every device.

The viewport meta tag doesn't fix everything but is a good interim
measure until you have time to do things 'properly'.

--
Tim Hill
www.timil.com

web sites * multimedia * training