Brian [Bailey, we discover] wrote on 26 Mar:
  (re http://www.kypwest.org.uk )

> The site now seems to load but accessing individual geographic areas gets
> the following,

> Proxy Error
> The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
> The proxy server could not handle the request GET /kyp/southglos.
> Reason: Error reading from remote server

The Know Your Place site itself (http://kypwest.org.uk) seems to load
OK, but the indiv geographical areas you call pages from the Bristol
city council site, e.g. http://maps.bristol.gov.uk/kyp/?edition=glos

The page for the exhibition at Wells (near me) is also hosted on an
outside site (https://bishopspalace.org.uk), and Netsurf unforch has
pictures on top of text etc.  I know not whether the shortcoming is in
Netsurf or in nonstandard coding of the site, of course.

But thanks for the pointer, Brian.  Will mention Know Your Place in
the local conservation newsletter I do.

     ** If you see this line in your reply, you need to SNIP **
--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk