Michael Drake  wrote on 15 Aug:

> We are close to making a release, and would like to check that
> nothing is broken.

It seems to be a current fashion that many websites declutter their
menu by grouping sub-options under a minimal number of main choices.
Some sites do this only for small screens, and give a fuller list on
large screens.  Alas, Netsurf seems to get the small-screen version.

Here's an example:  http://stjohns-glastonbury.org.uk
At first I groaned and presumed it's the usual Javascript impasse. But
looking at its HTML code, you can see that its navigation system uses
<ul> (unordered list) for the three menu items that Netsurf shows, but
WITHIN each of these list items is nested a second <ul> set that
Netsurf does not display.

Any chance that the new Netsurf release could add this trick?  I've no
idea how difficult it would be.  (But at least it ain't Javascript!)

I upgraded to #4405 just now, in hope, but nope.

(I'm the volunteer coordinator for this church website, so I have to
deal with it often.  As a workaround, I copied the HTML for the
navigation section into StrongEd and inserted linebreaks to make it
easier to read.  Each of the menu items has a straightforward URL to
the relevant page within the site.  So I simply saved my tweaked
version as a new local page called "menu-redux/html", and now I can
click in that page to be taken to where I want within the site.)

--
Jim Nagel                            www.archivemag.co.uk