On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 03:29:30PM +0000, Harriet Bazley wrote:
> Netsurf doesn't seem to support HTML of the form
> <OL>
> <li type="i" value=5>
> </OL>
> but always defaults to a sequential numerical list, whatever type/value
> the source specifies - are we all supposed to be styling list entries
> with CSS nowadays?

Depends on the intended usage. The MDN page is a good reference

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/ol

Netsurf has never supported anything other than plain decimal
  numbering for list markers/counters

I have added a basic implementation of the CSS 2.1 styles

https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/generate.html#propdef-list-style-type

Michael Drake fixed the HTML hinting so the type on the OL can be used
(note its on the OL *not* the LI element)

I cannot close a bug as noone opened one but please do so if there are
  issues in this area.

> --
> Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==
>
> It is better to be deceived by a friend, than to suspect him.

Regards Vincent
http://www.kyllikki.org/